Hi, it’s Gabrielle from Savvy Home here again! This week, I tried really hard not to be the gazillionth blogger to feature this living room in Lee Radziwill’s Paris apartment, but I couldn’t resist. On top of being this close to perfection, it’s pretty perfect for Valentine’s Day wouldn’t you say?
I’m admittedly not a huge fan of Valentine’s Day, but I am a huge fan of bachelorette pads. Why? Because it represents that time in your life where you CAN have a pink sofa, pink chinoiserie fabric upholstered chairs and big bouquets of roses everywhere in your living room without getting the side eye.
That’s something worth celebrating, no matter your relationship status. Married? How about following these tips for a walk-in closet, a powder room or a little office?
1. Forget the overdone groupings of 4 botanicals. Why not try 11? Now that spells impact.
2. If your walls are white, make sure you have lots of color in your upholstered furniture.
3. Separate a big room into two areas with simple sisal rugs.
4. An antique dresser looks great anywhere. Don’t be afraid to splurge because you’ll keep it forever.
5. If you have a few very feminine pieces, balance them with black masculine furniture.
6. Built-in bookcases around a fireplace will never go out of style.
7. Always make sure what is reflected in a mirror is worth looking at.
8. Oversized coffee tables hold their weight in impact. Pile up the books and flowers.
9. Tone down the girly factor with the ice blue silk taffeta curtains.
10. You know what they say about furniture sets. But sometimes, if the shapes are different and the fabric pattern is crazy, it just works.
Do you have a girly room in your home?