Hi, Gabrielle from Savvy Home here again! With Mother’s Day just around the corner, it seemed fitting to talk about peaceful bedroom retreats, for those few moments moms get to themselves in a day. Luckily, I recently stumbled upon just the right space. No need for fancy extra-large master suites with expansive dressing rooms and ensuites here. This space is all about the simple comforts that make a house a home.
Southerners have mastered the art of hospitality and so it seems logical that Charleston-based southern belle Hanna Seabrook of the beautiful blog Gadabout knows a thing of two about southern comfort.
1. An upholstered headboard is by far the most comfortable type of headboard there is.
3. A variety of pillows ranging from european to throw pillows makes it easier to get comfortable in bed.
4. Antique chests make great bedside tables if your space is limited. They’re spacious and always look good.
5. Bedside lamps are a must. Opt for classic shapes and quality shades.
6. Gallery walls can really frame a bed if it looks lost against a big white wall.
7. Fresh flowers in the bedroom are extra special. I love waking up to a fresh bouquet.
8. Trays and catch-alls are practical for throwing jewelry or loose change away at the end of the day.
9. Wicker Baskets stored underneath the bedside tables are incredible for quickly putting away the mess. They’re especially useful when you have children.
10. And because it’s Mother’s Day, you should always have a large tray at hand for breakfasts in bed, or simply for reading essentials.
Do you like the southern charm of this feminine bedroom?
See you next week!0