Hi, Gabrielle from Savvy Home here again! You’ve started a new business, you’ve rented a space, and now you need to find creative ways to decorate your brand new office on a budget. If this sounds like you, then you’ll love these tips inspired by Tara Guérard chic office space in Charleston.
Better yet, most of these tips work equally well if you’re just looking to decorate your home on a budget. We’re talking durable and welcoming décor on a budget.
1. Layer durable rugs like sisal and cowhide to give the space a more finished look.
2. Add a tall plant like a fiddle leaf fig to bring the outdoors in.
3. Reupholster a vintage settee to use as a more stylish version of a waiting or meeting room.
4. Be creative with large scale art: frame a vintage kimono or scarf for visual impact.
5. Pick up the colors from the art in your accent cushions.
6. Give an old coffee table a new life by lacquering it in a bold color.
7. Greet your customers with a fresh glass of San Pellegrino from your well-appointed bar cart.
8. Repurpose a pair of vintage chairs with a bit of paint and fabric to complement your new settee.
9. Use a tree trunk as a side table or a door stopper.
10. Leave your front windows bare to make your business more welcoming to passerby.
See you next week!0