I came across this pillow cover DIY on Design Love Fest and immediately fell in love with it. It is simple and yet so striking. Give it a try, here’s how.
What you need
• Gold silk screen foil
• Silk screen adhesive
• Small bowl for adhesive
• Paint brush
• Pillow cover and insert
• Sheet of parchment paper
• Old magazine or piece of cardboard
• Scissors (optional)
How to make it
This project is easy as pie to make and yet it packs a real punch visually.
1) Brush on the adhesive onto your pillow’s surface in uneven brushstrokes.
2) Then, lay the gold silk screen foil with a sheet of parchment paper over it onto the brushstrokes of adhesive. You can even go ahead and cut up the 2 pieces of material so they cover one brushstroke at the time.
3) With an iron, set without steam, set the gold foil in place. It should take about 30 seconds.
4) Move on to the next brush stroke.
5) Once all brushstrokes have been covered, put your cover aside for 3 full days so the adhesive and gold foil can set properly.