The all white palette is warmed by brass and wood accents throughout, making this humble abode a perfect summer retreat.
On the Italian coast, a summer house of only 48 square meters, designed by the architects Humbert & Poyet, delivers compact & comfortable living quarters and magnificent vistas. Here are 7 take-aways from this humble sized abode to replicate at home for a perfect summer look.
- Get a hammock or hanging chair. They rock, they are comfortable and they are the best spot to watch the sun set.
- Don’t forget the music. Whether it’s a full on piano that you bring outdoor or a wireless speaker with your phone’s playlist, music is the best thing to set the mood.
- Stick to a single colour. If square footage is at a premium, keeping the walls colour palette light and bright will help to unify the space and visually push away the walls.
- Embrace brass. For an instant jolt of elegance and wordly glamour, brass accents are the metal accent of choice. Another great option is copper, although I personally prefer brass in a coastal or beach house setting as it speaks to nautical instruments.
- Don’t skimp on table linens. Summer is all about Al Fresco’s dinners and casual meals. That being said there is no good reason (ever) to use cheap plastic table coverings, paper napkins or worse, paper towel. Simple cotton or linen tablecloths and napkins are washable, reusable and kick up the chic factor way up high in any circumstance.
- Paint the floors. Don’t fret the scratches or old stains of the floors and just paint them instead. The look is perfectly casual and ideal for a summer house.
- Keep blankets handy. For the cooler evenings, to make them last as long as possible, keep blankets on hand that you can display in a large basket or that you can hang on hooks by the door.
source: Micasa Revista0