Hi, it’s Gabrielle from Savvy Home here again! Markham Roberts is one of my latest favorites designers. In fact, when I saw the living room below, I thought to myself that it could hardly come closer to perfection. It’s just eclectic enough, yet it has a common thread that ties everything in together with a pretty bow.
I’m not exactly sure how to describe this style. It’s feminine, it’s boho, it’s classic, it’s neo-traditional, it’s worldly, and everything in between. It basically combines everything I love but most importantly, it’s well layered. Let’s see how you can achieve a similar look at home.
1. A pink sofa with floral piping is not for every one, but it shows that when your walls are neutral, you better have pops of color elsewhere!
2. These side tables are not only stunning, they’re versatile, and different than your traditional coffee table.
3. Rattan is always a great way to make a room seem more casual and less formal.
4. A faux-fur throw is incredibly comfortable, beautiful and somehow it works in this room.
5. Oversized photography can make for such incredible impact. Dig out those old photos from your last trip and have them blown up.
6. A statement chandelier brings the eye up for more visual interest.
7. The velvet pillows are made extra thick with a contrasting border which adds a more contemporary touch.
8. A sofa console is always a great idea and will make any room seem more layered.
9. Trays are essential to a great layered decor. They’re super useful to keep things organized.
10. Sisal carpets and rugs are ideal for a more eclectic room because they’re neutral and go with everything.
What do you think of this room, is it too eclectic or does it work for you?0