Hi, it’s Gabrielle from Savvy Home here again! Yesterday I booked a little summer vacation in Charleston, South Carolina: home of pretty southern belles, charming historic homes and one very talented interior designer named Angie Hranowski.
Her home was featured in the latest Lonny magazine, and it seems to conjure the very charm associated to that beautiful southern coast, specifically when it comes to her soft feminine bedroom.
We could all use advice on how to doll up our bedrooms (or our daughter’s bedrooms at least) so why not take a few tips from her very feminine bedroom?
1. When in doubt, go monochrome. Everything in her bedroom is a shade of soft peachy pink.
2. Lots of windows means lots of full length curtains and ultimately, a softer room.
3. The chrome canopy bed makes reference to the past while being unashamedly modern and masculine.
4. If you have a narrow wall-space between windows, try a vertical row of frames.
5. A large throw at the end of the bed always adds a layer of color and comfort.
6. Use an oversized rug as an inspiration for your room. This one is by Madeline Weinrib.
7. A vintage light fixture adds charm and a sense of history. It’s much sexier than a generic white fan.
8. Choose a bedside table with an unusual shape and texture for visual interest.
9. Play with the shades in your room when layering your bedding. The gold tones on the bed are reminiscent of the bedside tables.
10. Decorate your bedside table with a lamp, a plant and some books.
There you have it. How would you doll up your bedroom?
See you next week!0