Hi all, it’s Gabrielle from Savvy Home here again! I don’t know about you, but I enjoy a glamorous bathroom. I don’t mean a marble palace with gilded everything, velvet leopard and an overflowing bubble bath. I like just a little touch of glam makes me want to put on my makeup and do my hair.
The same goes for guest bathrooms: I prefer walking into a foreign bathroom with dim lighting and maybe a scented candle burning – rather than walking into what feels like a bright dentist’s office with a collection of teeth, hair and body products displayed for all to see.
This bathroom by Mark D. Sikes is one of my all time favorites (along with the entire house). Just eclectic and laid-back enough, but with the right touch of glam. Do you agree?
1. High gloss black panelling is dramatic yet fresh and classic. If there’s one space where you want to feel glamorous, it’s in the bathroom!
2. If your space is limited, opt for a more delicate washstand in a classic shape rather than a bulky vanity.
3. I love sconces on mirrors. It reflects both the fixture and the light, making everyone look like a million bucks.
4. Opt for thick custom curtains lined with grosgrain ribbon instead of your average shower curtain. If needed, line it with a shower curtain liner.
5. Weave baskets are great to store miscellaneous items or linens.
6. Use monogrammed guest towels for a touch of sophistication.
7. Place a small accent table next to the sink and top it with a lamp, candles or other pretty details.
8. Display art by leaning frames against the wall or the mirror.
9. Basket weave tiles are a classic. Opt for a budget ceramic or splurge on the marble version.
10. Bamboo shades are resistant and stylish, making them the perfect window dressing option for a bathroom.
See you next week!0