So there I was, perusing Airbnb, searching for bucket list destinations, when I came upon Magnolia House in Byron Bay, Australia. I fell in love. The end. If on the other hand you’d like to know why I fell in love with this gorgeous home, let me break it down in 10 points for you, Letterman style.
10 reasons why this Australian home is worth the trip
10. It’s in Australia. I’ve had that part of the world on my to visit list for the longest time and with a house like this one, I think it’s safe to say: “book me a ticket”.
9. The old meets new approach. Despite the fact that the house is a new build, many design choices such as: the wood rafters, the brick wall, the mud cloth pillows on the banquette, and even the vintage chair as nightstand in the bedroom all work at making the house feel lived in.
8. The white walls. Luminous, unadorned and simply glorious, they make the decor sing.
7. The rattan suspensions. How cool are these basket style rattan suspensions over the 2 dining tables, uniting the indoor and outdoor dining area.
6. The metal wire closet in the family room. Useful? Somewhat. Cool? Totally.
5. The vast sliding doors. This house is all about the outdoors and the wall to wall sliding doors make sure you don’t forget it.
4. The black accents everywhere. I have said it often, but it deserves reiteration: every home needs some black to define, accentuate and kick up a notch the sophistication factor. It’s the indispensable eyeliner of the house. Period.
3. The bathrooms. Seldom are bathroom a feature worth renting a place for, but these 3 bathrooms are stunning, fresh and functional.
2. The hanging chairs on the back porch. You’re looking for me? Yup, I’ll be nestled in one of them.
1. The abundant use of plants. The large sized plants blur the lines between the inside and outside of the house and bring a healthy dose of colour to the monochrome palette. #JungleGlow
source: Magnolia House on Airbnb1